Headphone preamps

Lukas drake lukasdrake at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:39:40 PDT 2003

hey everyone.
This may be a lowly question but I need to hook up my AKG 270 S headphones
to my computer (G4 MDD) for monitoring. I have a M-Audio Delta 44 breakout
box sound card, obviously with no headphone out (just 1/4" outs). I assume I
need a headphone amp for this. I found a Boss TM-3 Training monitor/line
driver for sale and I'm wondering if the sound quality is good enough.
Obviously the quality is important and has to at least match the quality of
the headphones and the soundcard. I don't mind spending some money to get a
good one. Is this what I need, is this a good enough one? I've looked on the
net for info about this thing and come up dry, any suggestions or theory
would be appreciated.