[MPA] Good microphone?

Bob Olhsson olh at hyperback.com
Thu Apr 17 08:02:33 PDT 2003

At 1:58 PM -0600 4/15/03, Randy Wilson wrote:
>I'd like to get a decent microphone (like around $100) for use in mostly
>home use, such as recording people singing, playing the guitar, perhaps
>piano, narrating digital video, etc.

The Shure SM-57 is outstanding in non-studio environments.

I wouldn't try to use a condenser mike because you'll go nuts dealing
with traffic noise even if computer and other indoor ambient noise
isn't a problem.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery		Recording Project Design and Consulting
Box 90412,  Nashville TN 37209	Tracking, Mixing, Mastering, Audio for Picture