Fwd: Quattro CD won't remount

Terry Lester tllester at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 26 13:42:23 PDT 2003

listers,
	well, i finally got my upgrade to dp4, which is very exciting.
replaced my amiii card with an m-audio quattro. plugged everything in
and ran the driver installer from the cd. install seemed to go fine; it
asked for a restart, which i ok'ed. however, when my g4 dp533 came back
up, the m-audio driver cd was no longer mounted, even though it was
still in the drive. hitting the eject key had no effect. finally, i ran
disk utility, which saw and correctly identified the cd and reported
that it was 'unmounted.' repeated attempts to use the 'mount command
failed. the only way to eject the cd was to boot into os 9. when i was
back in X, i tried inserting the cd again. it refused to mount, but at
least i was able to eject it with disk utility's eject command.
	so...does anybody have any idea what went wrong? it is a small
problem, since the quattro is functioning fine; but there is other
software on the m-audio driver cd, which i'd like to take a look at. i
supposed i could boot into 9 and copy it to my hard drive, but that
seems kludgy.

thanks in advance,
tl

"In the province of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or
becomes true, within certain limits to be found experientially and
experimentally. These limits are further beliefs to be transcended. In
the province of the mind, there are no limits."
							- John C. Lilly