[MPA] Anybody working with Minidisc and Mac?

Matt Matteson Matt at DLzip.com
Tue Aug 12 15:29:49 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 08:17  AM, John Pariseau wrote:

> Well, when the audio leaves your computer - either from mp3 or aiff,
> it is converted into an analog or digital (optical audio out) signal.
> The only loss of quality you should get is from the fact that the aiff
> file is of a higher quality than the mp3 - I would say, however, the
> difference may be negligible. Try it out. Just create a playlist in
> iTunes that is under 80 minutes, make sure there is a 2 second gap of
> sound between each track (does your MD unit automatically create
> tracks? I think some units can do this).

Make use of iTunes! I have a dynamic playlist, max 75 minutes, only
songs that have 4 or 5 star ratings from me, and I have not listened to
the song in the last week. Turn off cross-fade, plug in MD, record on
MD, play on Mac then go to bed!

HTH,

Matt Matteson

Matt at DLzip.com