[MPA] STEVE JOBS IS GOD

Big Mo Music info at bigmomusic.net
Sun Jan 12 18:39:15 PST 2003

Thubten,

SDII  =  Sound Designer II is a sound file format used on MAC systems.  For
example you have WAV files that Windows uses, etc.  Although the MAC can
record in other sound file formats, I prefer SDII. I may be just imagining
it, but to me SDII it is much richer (fatter) sounding than a WAV file, that
is just one of the many reasons I switched to MAC G4 dual 800 and Logic
Audio Platinum for recording. I have only had my MAC lock up one time and
that was my fault as I keep doing projects on my UW 160 SCSI drive without
ever de-fragmenting it, the HD, etc.  Well. even MACs need maintenance once
in a while, such as de-fragmenting the drives.  Also, I purchased a Oxford
911 120 gig firewire external drive to store song folders (files) on and I
now only have one song loaded and running on my SCSI drive at a time.  When
I finish the session.  I transfer the file to the Oxford 911.  As I said, I
still use my Windows based PCs but only for virtual synths like Gigastudio,
Wizoo's Virtual Guitarist, Spectrasonic's Trilogy (when it ships at the end
of this month).

Mike Knox
Big Mo Music