[MPA] audio editor thoughts? Anyone?

Scott Jacob Loehr scott.loehr at verizon.net
Mon Jul 21 10:45:26 PDT 2003

>Hi
>I am testing out some mac audio editors. Are there any
>thoughts/experiences on mid-price audio editors which could help on
>a decision? The later 2 seem to have better processing options where
>as the first seems to have more core editing features
>I am currently testing
>1) peak le
>2) spark le
>3) dsp quattro
>This is for a lab setup which currently has peak le 2.6 running. We
>are considering an upgrade to peak le3(4) however the upgrade would
>cost about the same as buying a new editor from the other companies
>(hence the option is open)
>Cheers
>C.

I have been using SoundDesigner2 (digi quit supporting it a LONG time
ago) for years, and I bought Spark a couple of years ago.  I still
use SD2, mainly because I know the program, but I've made a promise
to myself to learn Spark this Summer and finally be digidesign-free
once and for all!!!  It's got a lot more features than Peak, though
both are fine programs for editing.  I don't know anything about dsp
quattro.  Over the years, I've been doing more and more of my editing
chores in Digital Performer, and about the only things I need a
mono/stereo editor for are creating regions and re-drawing waveforms.

Scott Jacob Loehr