[MPA] Pro Tools question

Scott Jacob Loehr scott.loehr at verizon.net
Thu Jul 31 08:59:44 PDT 2003

>In a message dated Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:31:15, Drew Dalzell
><stagesound at earthlink.net> writes:
><<
>ProTools software (With the exception of ProTools Free) will only run
>with ProTools hardware.  The cheapest interface is the mBox at $450.
>
>Drew
>  >>

>Or you could look around on ebay for a used Audiomedia III card.
>That's what I use with PT 6.0
>David

Not a bad card... 2 analog ins, 2 analog outs, S/PDIF I/O, 24-bit
files up to 48 k.  I bought one for about $180 a year ago, and I've
kept an eye on them off and on since... they're still going for the
~$200 price range.  Plus, you get SoundDesigner2, which is still a
great program, even though it officially 'died' many years ago.  (I
recently migrated to Spark so that I could let a friend of mine use
my AudioMedia3 card.)  Search for "audiomedia" and/or "toolbox"...
but look out for the AudioMedia2 cards - they're the NuBus cards
(yep, I've got one of them in my Radius clone) that go for about $25.

On a MOTU note, they told me that my copy of Mach 5 will ship at the
end of the month.  I verified that they were referring to the month
of July, and that the year in question was indeed 2003.  They still
haven't charged my credit card yet....

Scott Jacob Loehr