What Headphones?

Mark McMillan markymac1 at tiscali.fr
Sat Jun 21 05:48:06 PDT 2003

Hi There,

Since I'm living in a very remote area I don't get the chance to check out
equipment in the flesh so I'm hoping there are some people out there that
can recommend headphones for me.

If I explain the best I can of what I'm into it may make it easier to point
me in a direction. At the moment I'm using Beyer Dynamic DT250 and like them
very much. I don't like the DT100 as I find they give the impression of
being 2 inches away from the speakers. I know they are very good headphones
but it's just a personal preference so please don't take that personally to
anyone who loves them.
I'm looking for something that makes you feel inside the track with lots of
space and width and can let me monitor subtle details like the ambience from
reverbs and delays etc.
Also I take it I would be better with a closed ear design not only to shut
off outside noise but to prevent spillage from the headphones through a
vocal Mic for example.

I've heard a bit about Sony MDR V900. Anyone know anything about them?

Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Marky