OSX Audio/Midi Setup Question

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Fri Oct 31 03:59:59 PST 2003

Hi all,

I'm having a hell of a time getting the Audio/Midi Setup utility to
function correctly.
It does NOT recognize anything. Upon startup or rescan it always says
"Midi Setup Empty".

I attempt to manually load in all of my devices. There is no option to
select an Opcode USB Midiport 96 (a 6x6 interface). I try to create it
but to no avail. I also try to "draw" cables from an icon I've named as
the Opcode to all of the hardware synth icons I've manually created as
well. None of the "cables" I draw take.....they don't stay on the
screen.

It will not recognize any midi whatsoever. Is this because of my
interface? As such, every piece of sottware I am trying will not see
any midi connections. Cubase SX, Intuem 2 (tryout version), etc..

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried this in both 10.2.6 and 10.2.8.

How do I make this work?

Kathy