[MPA] Recording with laptop

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 19 09:33:39 PST 2004

Hi,

If I was you I would not go for a USB I audio, the through put of the USB is
very poor !

Even a FW 400 is very risky ! Today Logic only supports on FW audio
interface at a time.

if you want to expand and have something professionals go to PCI audio , I
have a Motu PCI 424, great no latency, up to 96 ins/out  !

But in your case you will need a Magma box to handle the PCI 424, it is not
the same price !

You cannot have the butter the money of the butter and the farmer's wife ;o)
"french joke"

You have to think I am investing for the future or it is a one way expense !

Also you have to realise that you will have less tracks on a PB than on a
desktop at the same clock speed !

Cyril

: