Recording with laptop

bramke bramke at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 11:22:51 PST 2004

> >> If I was you I would not go for a USB I audio, the through put of the
> >> USB is
> >> very poor !
> >>
> >> Even a FW 400 is very risky ! Today Logic only supports on FW audio
> >> interface at a time.

I've used an A62m on an iBook G4. It supports 6 tracks of 44.1/16 CD
quality straight into  Logic 6, all going through USB, for as long as HD
space is available. And the best thing is that it doesn't need ACpower to
do this, it draws its power from the USB bus, which makes it very
portable (about the size of a videocassette).
Only downside is that you can't control the input gain, so the supplied
signal needs to be of good quality.
For the rest, no problem whatsoever.

--
Bramke