[MPA] Audio/MIDI apps

Peter Kirn peterkirn at mac.com
Sat Jul 17 07:45:49 PDT 2004

Grainy is exactly right: when it does time stretching, it's using granular
synthesis to divide up and resynthesize the sound. What you need to do is
turn off the 'warp' setting on the clip, because I don't think you NEED time
matching anyway (or, alternatively, set the master metronome speed to the
speed of the clip)

This is not something fundamental to Live or any other program: it's a
natural property of sound in the digital domain. Live makes some sacrifices
for better performance, I'm guessing, like smaller FFT windows that use less
data.

The other solution in any of these programs is to start with audio that's
sampled ABOVE 44.1/16-bit because it gives the digital transforms more data
with which to work.

Peter