equipment question

lilyplant lilyplant at poetworld.net
Mon Mar 8 14:12:21 PST 2004

Hello. This is my first question to this list.

I need to purchase a light weight field stereo recorder which will upload
into a Mac. I have a limited budget. I'm new to sound. Want to use it for
art.

I want control over input to decrease editing time, technical ease, and
durable equipment (avoid repair expense). Digital line into computer.

 Rough estimate is up to 2 to 3 recording hours in field.

Am considering a CD recorder, solid state (Marantz PMD670 ) or hard drive.
What would you suggest. I haven't bought a mini-disk recorder because they
look fragile, seem hard to control and don't have many controls. A friend
has an iriver (little hard drive recorder) which he says doesn't have the
controls he wants.

Thank you,
lily