MDR Considerations

Rick Pepper sldghamr at mnic.net
Thu Mar 11 06:21:39 PST 2004

What model Mac do you have?

The issue (as I point out in my web review) with these devices is having to
dump all of it back to your DAW in real time, and incur another D/A-A/D
step. Even a Wallstreet PowerBook with PCMCIA card mic preamp using Coaster
would be a better bet. Then you would already have everything in a
file-based format and you would just have to transfer to your DAW (via SCSI
disk mode or Ethernet or external SCSI device or....) and edit/burn.

No easy way when the budget is really tight. Regards.

Rick