[MPA] multi track and noise reduction

Alan Taylor alanaudio at ntlworld.com
Wed May 19 07:05:44 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, May 19, 2004, at 14:18 Europe/London, John wrote:

>> But Digidesign never ported PT Free to OSX...
>> Maybe it'll work in Classic-mode tho...
>
> It doesn't.

It won't work in Classic mode.

You need to boot up in OS 9 to make it work and that's not possible on
all Macs - it's not convenient for most users either.

But it's not worth bothering with as Digidesign are declining to
support PT free on OS X.

Obviously it has nothing to do with the fact that they are owned by
Avid and Avid has been peeved by the success of Final Cut Pro.
Retaliation of that nature would simply look childish, so we can look
forward to Digidesign bringing out an OS X version of PT free when they
want to start looking grown up and wholeheartedly behind OS X.

In the meantime, Audacity is quite rightly gaining ground as other apps
start to fill the vacuum that Digidesign have left. Maybe Apple are
looking to fill that vacuum too.