[MPA] Logic Express Pricing from Apple

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Wed Oct 6 11:59:40 PDT 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 1:04 PM, KathyMac! wrote:
> Just curious - wondering if I'm the only one that thinks this is
> wrong....

  Nope..

> Basically, my purchase of Logic Express 6 in August was a complete
> burning of money. I have to rebuy it all over again because there is
> no fair upgrade price or complimentary upgrade.

  No, it's not... You still have the program you purchased, it will
still do everything you thought it would do  when you purchased it, and
so on...

  Usually when a "future" upgrade is announced, there will be free or
highly discounted upgrades for people who buy the current product
between the time of the announcement and actual shipment of the new
version, but in this case there was no "future" announcement, so I
don't think it strictly applies.

  Just my $0.02, that's all. Feel free to think I'm all wet. No, it's
not "nice", and yes, it's expensive. I really wish that software
companies would have a clearer published idea of their release schedule
so you can make informed decisions, but it just doesn't work that way.