[MPA] Noise reduction on voice recordings

LENJOY at aol.com LENJOY at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 05:43:20 PDT 2004

HI,

I do voiceovers and I have recently changed over to a Mac.   I have a
powerbook(G4) and I have tried differnt software programs to  record with.  I have
have a M-Audio nova microphone and use a M-Audio USA  Bus-powered preamp and
audio interface, but I still seem to get a lot of  background noise.  It sounds
similar to using the powerbooks internal  mic.

Does anyone know a good solution for this problem??  I have  seen software
like Sound Soap, is it necessary??

Lastly, what software  have you found that gives the best quality and ease of
use for voice/narration  etc.

Thanks so much for your help =)

WU