[MPA] Sound Studio Advice Needed

Richard Edwards richard.e at btconnect.com
Wed Sep 15 00:21:14 PDT 2004

Hiya folks.....

I'm in the process of setting up a Sound Studio [in London]  from
scratch and as a long time user of Mac would like it to be Mac based.
The purposes of the Studio are to build a sound fx library, make some
music :) live and synthetic and mixed and to dub voices to Film as
well as add FX to film,we plan a voice booth, a small live area for
up to 7 musicians with a drum area, two mixing suites and some
storage. But we don't know a lot about what to put in the space :)

A colleague has proposed a PC based system [ I won't be doing that
:)] but he also raised the issue of whether the Mac we choose may be
noisy ? CAn anyone help me with the some advice on how to keep down
noise and is the Mac especially noisy ?

Can anyone recommend what Mac to go with [Box G5 ? new cool G5?] and
what the a 'dream' set up might be - eg Pro Tools, Logic Audio etc ?

While wanting to be wise and economical we are not constrained by any
budget limitations which makes a big change ....

I'll be glad to supply any more info required and biGGG  biGG txs in
advance for any suggestions

Richard