[MPA] Sound Problem in 10.3.8

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Mon Mar 7 11:23:28 PST 2005

on 3/7/05 8:02 AM, David DelMonte at ddelmonte at mac.com wrote:

> Hi all, is anyone else experiencing sound problems in 10.3.8? Is there
> a known problem?  I get low frequency hum from my connected stereo, and
> feedback buzz from my plugged in guitar.
>
> running this on both a 17" powerbook and a G5 2.5. The guitar is
> connected to an M-Audio Firewire 410.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

It sounds like what you're experiencing is a ground loop. Make sure that
everything in your computer system and your audio chain (interface, mixer,
etc.) is using the same A.C. electrical circuit ... use one or more power
bars if needed and have them all going to one plug-in at the end.

Alternatively, if the M-Audio interface or any of your other audio equipment
has a ground lift switch, lift the ground to see if that solves the problem.
--
Gregg