[MPA] Sound Problem in 10.3.8

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Tue Mar 8 02:37:56 PST 2005

Gregg, I think it did fix the problem  - but it is not fully
satisfying. Yes, everything is plugged into the same outlet - in fact -
to a UPS device (APC). But I also had to wiggle the audio cable (RCA)
in order to get the buzz to stop.

Can you please explain a little about how a ground loop happens?

David

ps. I of course swapped audio cables. same experience.

On Mar 8, 2005, at 3:51 AM, Gregg Gorrie wrote:

> on 3/7/05 3:27 PM, Carol Stein at carol at carolstein.com wrote:
>
>> Thanks for taking the time to answer. I will check out the  circuit
>> situation
>> Carol
>>

>>> It sounds like what you're experiencing is a ground loop. Make sure
>>> that
>>> everything in your computer system and your audio chain (interface,
>>> mixer,
>>> etc.) is using the same A.C. electrical circuit ... use one or more