USB solution for Palm III

Etan etan at wogonet.net
Sun Apr 27 07:26:39 PDT 2003

I have a Beige G3 233 w/ a 4-port usb PCI card from Entrega (who changed
their name to Xircom and then got bought out by Intel). When I bought the
card I also bought an Entrega serial-USB converter. I had my modem in the
modem-port, my (Epson Stylus 600) printer in the printer-port, and my
palm III in the converter in a usb port. Everything worked great under OS
8.5. Then I had to upgrade to 8.6... And the system wouldn't recognize
that I had *3* serial ports-- If the serial-USB converter was plugged in,
my printer-port was disabled. Entrega/Xircom/Intel is no longer
supporting the converter (so they won't update the driver).

Anybody else have this kind of setup? Anybody else have this kind of
problem? Is there any other USB solution for my Palm III?

Help?
Etan