[MacUSB] USB printer problem - DESPERATE!!!

Pat Erickson meridian at chugach.net
Mon Sep 22 02:22:33 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 01:07 AM, Tekno Liber wrote:

> Hi! I'll get to the point straight away:
>
> PowerBook G3 Pismo Mac OS 9.2
>
> New HP LJ2500L USB
>
> I have downloaded the latest HP driver, but...
>
> When I run the desktop printer utility I cannot actually see the
> printer, it is not available for selection.
>
> I have tried with two different (!) PowerBooks, same result.
>
> I have the printer connected directly to the Mac with a USB
> cable, admittedly a 5m cable, but it's new.
>
> I tried to connect my unused Epson USB Photo 750 printer
> at home with the same result.
>
> I am so close to throwing the phuckin' lot out of the window.
>
> Surely the wonderful Mac should be able to print to a USB printer?????
>

> Please help...

I'm not much of an expert but did struggle through networking two
flat-panel Macs to an HP all-in-one.

Have you tried turning everything off, then rebooting? Before you throw
everything out the window, either explore the HP website support or
call them. They're really good about helping over the phone. Before I
had this network, I had a single iMac and the new HP all-in-one. The
problem turned out to be one item in my start-up items. Once moved,
everything worked slick. I suggest you call them.

Yes, the Mac can certainly print from a USB printer!

Pat