[MV] Re: Gibberish issues ...

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Tue Dec 10 22:58:46 PST 2002

>Why not try it sometime?  I've done this by accident in my office and got
>several pages full of solid text (obviously no punctuation or paragraphs)
>which were surprisingly accurate considering the headset was on the desk and
>there were different people talking (maybe 50 - 75%).

Hmm, I guess the noise cancellation on my microphone is working. When I
forget to turn off the Mic before taking it off, I might get a few words
at most, and those only for loud noises. :-)

By the way, the Andrea ANC series works much better with OS 10.2 than it
did with 10.1. Apparently the OS amplifies the weak signal from the mic.
Since I switched to Jaguar, I haven't had any problems getting past the
microphone connection test in ViaVoice (this used to be a problem). Some
other problems have appeared with Jaguar, but nothing that keeps me from
using ViaVoice.

Joe Senecal

Joe Senecal.