[MV] Breakthrough on Popping!?!

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Thu Dec 19 20:45:01 PST 2002

>I might be imagining things, but it seems that the 22kHz sampling
>glitch that has created so much heartache is FIXED in 10.2.3!!!
>
>Can others confirm this?

I have just concluded a some extremely brief tests after installing
the update.  Even the faint and occasional popping I would hear audio
playback previously has now disappeared.  I also noticed that the
program seems somewhat faster and more responsive overall.  This
makes sense if it is having to devote less time to processing the
incoming audio signal now that the quality has improved.  I cannot
quite tell yet whether the accuracy rate this back up to what it was
prior to installing Jaguar (I did notice after installing Jaguar
slight drop in accuracy using ViaVoice for Mac OS X. ).

One of the things I'm going to try tomorrow is creating a new user.
After installing Jaguar creating a new user was an exercise in
monumental frustration due to the number of times I had to stop and
repeat parts of the training text.  I am curious to see if this
problem has been solved.  It is my guess that has been.

This message itself has been dictated with ViaVoice for Mac OS X
after installing this latest update to the operating system.