[MV] Re: Transcription from a Device

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Thu Dec 26 19:56:23 PST 2002

>I had to edit the instructions down considerably in order to conform
>to MacVoice's 10K limit. It is assumed the experienced ViaVoice user
>would know how to manipulate the program to accommodate the new
>profile. No such assumptions are made in the book, however.
>
>There are actually a couple of options. One is to backup the old
>profile by removing it from the User's folder, which will force
>ViaVoice's Set Up Assistant to create a new user from scratch.

Chuck,

It is good to hear that you go into more detailed in the book.
Personally, based on both my own experience with IBM's speech
recognition software and experience with other users I am highly
reluctant to suggest this option you mention as it will force the
user to use the restore function in the program (which can be
confusing) in order to switch between users. Also, if the individual
does not remember to back up half the current user before switching
any changes or modifications will be lost.