[MV] Re: Ilisten and ViaVoice

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 13:37:58 PDT 2003

>What is the difference in what happens when you press both "create phonetic"
>and "set phonetic" vs. just "set phonetic"?  It appears that you are
>suggesting do both when one is NOT changing the phonetic description and
>only "set phonetic" when you ARE changing the phonetic.

The "Create Phonetic" button translates the "what you say" text into
phonetics, replacing anything already there.

The "Set Phonetic" takes the contents of the phonetic box and associeates
it with the "what you type" box. This is the button that causes iListen
to learn a new word or phrase.

So you can press the Create Phonetics button multible times, trying
different phrases in the "what you say" box. I often use this to decide
what the phonetics should be by typing words that have the sound I want,
then looking at what phonetics get generated. then I type what I'm
actually saying, and correct the phonetics before pressing "Set
Phonetics".

Joe Senecal