Script packs for the sciences, programming and arts

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Aug 26 09:23:00 PDT 2003

Hello,

There was a recent Macspeech questionnaire on Legal and medical dictionaries.

Here are some other comments related to speech control of
applications rather than dictation.

I would be more interested in a script pack for MATLAB, MATHEMATICA,
MAPLE, MuPad, Logic Programming, GNU theorem provers, SPSS 10 and
Labview/Robolab. Also for things like Developers tools (controlling
Apples Project Builder and Interface Builder and of course, the
Metrowerks Codewarrior product line).

Also script packs for Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator,
GoLive and Quark. [2-D graphics]

Also script packs for Final Cut Pro and After Effects. Also
Discreet's Cleaner. Also Quicktime Pro. [Video]

Then there is 3-D.

Carrara, Amapi are the low end modelling and animation apps.
Lightwave, Electric Image and Maya are the high end apps. Then there
are the CAD and architecture apps such as Form-Z, Vector Works and
Vellum.

It is my opinion that the the 2-D graphics community, the video
community and the Arcitectural and CAD community would be able to
afford expensive script packs. Naturally they will also buy
inexpensive script packs with high end features.

The scientific and academic community and the low end animation
community do have some budgets but there are many that don't have the
budget.

John F. Richardson