[MV] Script packs for the sciences, programming and arts

Donald MacCormick donald.maccormick at macspeech.com
Tue Aug 26 09:53:17 PDT 2003

John:

Appreciate the feedback, we'll put those on the list of ScriptPaks to
create.

As an FYI, you can also create own your Application Specific Vocabularies
(ScriptPaks).

To do so:

Select Commands... From the File Menu
Click New...
Select the Application for which you are creating commands

Now you can create youw own scripts that will be available whenever that
application is running.

Create the command themselves is easy, for best results a command name
should be a phrase not a single word.

To voice enable a menu such 'Print' from the File Menu, you would create an
AppleScript

tell application "iListen"
    try
        choose menu item "Print" of menu "File"
    end try
end tell

To voice enable a menu such 'Print... Cmd P' from the File Menu, you would
create an AppleScript

tell application "iListen"
    try
        choose menu item "Print.*" of menu "File"
    end try
end tell

If an application is scriptable and you willing to delve into the world of
complex Applescripts, you can become very creative in what you can enable by
voice.

It does look more complex than it actually is. The process is described in
detail in the user manual.

Regards,

Donald