[MV] Re: text to speech to mp3/audio cd

Chuck Rogers theChuck at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 22:26:24 PST 2003

Randy (and everyone else):

"message_text" is a variable that needs to be replaced with what you
want spoken. Try this instead:

	property default_voice : "Bruce"
	property target_file : "drive1:test:testAUDIO.aiff"

	set message_text to "Hello World!"
	say "[[rate 300]]" & message_text using default_voice --saving to
target_file

The script above will actually speak the text, which is the first thing
you should do to make sure it is working properly. To make it save in a
file, you would need to populate the other variable, which is
"target_file," like this:

	property default_voice : "Bruce"
	property target_file : "drive1:test:testAUDIO.aiff"

	set message_text to "Hello World!"
	set target_file to "Test Message"
	say "[[rate 300]]" & message_text using default_voice saving to
target_file

This will save an audio file on the main level of your hard drive
called "Test Message."

Hope this helps.

Chuck Rogers
CommandSets.com