[MV] PC Equivalent of English Speech Recognition?

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Feb 18 11:16:55 PST 2003

>  I thought there might
>be a PC equivalent to the [free!] English Speech Recognition and Text to
>Speech facilities in Mac OS 9.

If you want those capabilities on a PC you have to pay for it.  Now,
IBM *does* have a money back guarantee on ViaVoice.  (Quite frankly
ViaVoice Pro for Windows has more capabilities and is *far* less
buggy than anything on the Mac side.)  I don't think there is a money
back guarantee on NaturallySpeaking, which might be a better choice
depending on several things, other than whatever return policy any
mail order place you get it from has.

Email me of list with more details and I can give you a better idea
which way to go.