[MV] Re: ViaVoice update 3.02

John Melby jbmelby at ameritech.net
Fri Jan 3 08:42:02 PST 2003

I suppose that one *could* say that it "works", depending on one's
definition of the word. On my MDD 1.25 GHz G4 running 10.2.3 with 1.5
GB of RAM, there is a noticeable increase in speed. (I've never
bothered to listen for the glitches in the recorded sound.) My
principal gripe, namely that in both 10.2.2 and 10.2.3, the "Add word
or phrase..." in the connection window is still non-functional, has in
no way been addressed. Without this feature, ViaVoice is in my opinion
almost completely useless--but when it *did* work, ViaVoice would have
been on my list of most useful applications. As it is now, it isn't
even worth the trouble of putting on my headset. And unless iListen
improves a hell of a lot, it is basically of no use also.

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 10:31  AM, Bill Gorman wrote:

> There is one report at the versiontracker site of the update not
> working for Mac OS X 10.2.3.  Any alternate or supporting reports?
>
> On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 06:27  AM, William Robinson wrote:
>

>> Despite all our conjectures about IBM dropping the ball on updating
>> the OSX version of ViaVoice, they have release a new update:
>>
>> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12555
>>

>> William
>>

> ----------
> <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacVoiceFAQ.html>.
> Send a message to <MacVoice-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to
> the digest version.
>
> iMic    | Connect virtually any microphone or sound input device via
> USB
> Dr. Bott | Now $35.00      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/iMic.html>

> <http://www.macresq.com>
>
> iListen by  | Dictate or Transcribe your next email (or anything else).
> MacSpeech  | Buy iListen 1.5 for $99. Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X!
> at Dr. Bott |      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/macspeech.html>
> at Dr. Bott |      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/macspeech.html>

================
John Melby
Emeritus Professor of Music

jbmelby at johnmelby.com

http://www.johnmelby.com
An adorable little girl walked into my pet shop and asked, "Excuse me,
do you have any rabbits here?"

"I do," I answered, and leaning down to her eye level I asked,
"Did you want a white rabbit or would you rather have a soft, fuzzy
black rabbit?"

She shrugged.  "I don't think my python really cares."