[MV] Re: ViaVoice update 3.02

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri Jan 3 12:57:45 PST 2003

>I suppose that one *could* say that it "works", depending on one's
>definition of the word. On my MDD 1.25 GHz G4 running 10.2.3 with
>1.5 GB of RAM, there is a noticeable increase in speed. (I've never
>bothered to listen for the glitches in the recorded sound.) My
>principal gripe, namely that in both 10.2.2 and 10.2.3, the "Add
>word or phrase..." in the connection window is still non-functional,
>has in no way been addressed. Without this feature, ViaVoice is in
>my opinion almost completely useless--but when it *did* work

John,

I did not quite understand why having this one particular feature not
work puts ViaVoice in the category of being almost useless.  There
are other ways new words can be added to the vocabulary.  They can be
added at the time documents are analyzed, added with the document is
analyzed on save, or added using the vocabulary manager.  If I need
to add a new word or phrase on the spot I use the vocabulary manager
(easily accessed by clicking on the middle button in the second row
buttons that appears when you open the Voice Center drawer).  Yes,
being able to do this directly from the correction window would be
more convenient; but the lack of this capability hardly places the
software in the category of being unusable in my opinion.