[MV] Results of microphone tests

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 10:28:07 PST 2003

>The Andrea 600 could not be made to work with iListen at all, and was
>marginal with Via Voice. Its accuracy was no better than the 7100,
>and in some tests much worse. Other people report that this mic
>provides better accuracy than the 7100 (with Via Voice? Has anyone
>got it to work with iListen?). In audio tests, its signal was around
>25-50% of that of the 7100, which is apparently to be expected
>because of the nature of the noise cancelling mechanism.

I don't have any problems using my Andrea 650 microphone with iListen.
All I need to do is unplug my PowerBook from AC power to get rid of the
hum, and it works fine. The Andrea 650 is the same microphone as the
Andrea 600, but with stereo headphones.

But as you said, results may vary. It looks to me like you have done a
good test.

Joseph Senecal