[MV] Re: Results of microphone tests

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 15:56:03 PST 2003

>>I don't have any problems using my Andrea 650 microphone with iListen.
>>All I need to do is unplug my PowerBook from AC power to get rid of the
>>hum, and it works fine. The Andrea 650 is the same microphone as the
>>Andrea 600, but with stereo headphones.
>
>Were you by chance using OS 9 and an analogue connection (rather than
>a USB adapter)?

I dictated the previous message using iListen on 500mhz G3 PowerBook
running OS 10.2.3 with a ANC-650 microphone and an Andrea USB pod. It
also works using analog input with a Griffin Pre-amp.

I found the microphone signal for my ANC microphone to be much stronger
on Jaguar, where I can turn up the input level on the Sound system
preferences panel.

I won't claim to be getting high accuracy though, just that it's
functional for me.

Joe Senecal