[MV] Re: taking the plunge (2)

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 14:48:47 PST 2003

At 16:11 -0500 1/21/03, Jonathan Greene wrote:
>Just checking back to see if anyone might have a suggestion here?
>

>On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 09:26 PM, Jonathan Greene wrote:
>
>>It has been a while since I ran ViaVoice, but I am about to undergo
>>surgery and believe that I will have to be in a cast for 4-6 weeks.
>>I would like to have VV ready to go when that happens but
>>unfortunately it will no longer run for me.  When I tried to
>>install the update below I am getting a message that I cannot
>>install onto my primary volume.  This is more than a bit strange
>>since you would expect the app to upgrade the existing and
>>installed one.
>>
>>Anyone else have any issues?
>>
>>Thanks,

Jonathan,

It sounds like a permissions problem.  While the fix should be
relatively easy you would have to at the very least email technical
support to find out which permissions to alter and what to alter them
to.  Manually changing permissions is not something to guess at.

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  The update installed
flawlessly for me and fixed a number of problems with ViaVoice under
Jaguar.