Recently released ViaVoice update

Camner camner at iname.com
Sun Jan 26 19:45:09 PST 2003

I have just finished resolving an issue with my new G4/dual 867 and
ViaVoice.  ViaVoice stopped working.  My mistake was in taking IBM's word
for it that the recently released update would solve problems with the
VVIEControler file (which caused problems in the original 3.0 release when
the number of Explorer favorites got large).

After importing a large number of favorites into Explorer, ViaVoice would no
longer start up correctly.  I was able to resolve the problem by moving the
VVIEControler file, which was the same fix that worked in the original 3.0
release.

I'm curious if others have had any different experience.

Robert