[OT]: Digital Recorder for recording linguistic information (recommendation)

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Jul 1 14:43:40 PDT 2003

Hello,

I want a recommendation for a digital recorder or analog recorder for
recording different dialects for linguistic purposes.

I want to record voices in different parts of England and bring back
the recordings to my linguistic friends. So, in a sense, the speech
recognition would be done by a real human who collects samples of
dialects. I don't plan on bring along any suite of special
microphones or preamps or..........

So, is digital better than analog? Any recommended brands and models?

John Richardson