[MV] Microphones

Martin Markoe martin at emicrophones.com
Mon Jul 7 12:34:36 PDT 2003

Rob,

Martin's current recommendation for a good microphone is the Parrott TalkPro
Xpress,  which also requires a USB converter (either the Andrea USB pod or
the Griffin iMic seem to work).  Right out of the box, accuracy was notably
improved over either the Plantronics or the Andrea microphones. My thanks
once again to Martin for an excellent recommendation.

Thank you for your excellent evaluation of the various microphones and how
they work with ViaVoice and iListen. However, let us give credit where
credit is due. It was Patrick Henebry who put me on to using the VXI TalkPro
Xpress with the Andrea pod for the Mac speech recognition softwares. It
really does take many people to come up with what is best for this emerging
software.

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.eMicrophones.com/index.asp
See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy for the Mac" at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39