Reinstalling ViaVoice

Domains4Days.com Lists at domains4days.com
Mon Jul 14 08:09:03 PDT 2003

I am having problems attempting to reinstall ViaVoice 3.0

Previously I have successfully uninstalled ViaVoice 3.0 to clean it out
first.

My ViaVoice 3.0 is an upgrade disk. Also, I am using it with only one CD
reader drive. One of the first steps 3.0 asks - is to insert the ViaVoice
enhanced edition (2.xx) - so I will go to the Finder - and eject the 3.0
disk - and put in the enhanced disk.

This is the confusing part - and I have tried it many different ways - all
of which have failed ... At this point the 2.0 disk attempts to start its
installation on top of the 3.0 installation - however I believe that I have
learned to disregard all 2.0 requests and I go back to the 3.0 package in
the Finder instead (better)...

At this point the 3.0 uninstaller says that is waiting for some kind of
installer start up file... And just waiting ...

Now, it makes sense to eject the 2.0 disk and put in the 3.0 disk, however
the 3.0 package just waits and waits and does not refined the 3.0 disk - or
whatever else it's looking for...

So you can see, I never really get past the initial stage on the 3.0
installation...

A few issues:
- I have in fact with these very same disks, and process, successfully
installed 3.0 in the past. But now it won't work... - It is possible that
there are some extra 3.0 installer files that maybe got hung up after the
first failed installation attempt - maybe I should have deleted these
everytime ... I'm not sure about this ...

ANY IDEAS?

--
RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com