[MV] Re: [PR} MacSpeech announces major step forward in Speech Recognition for Apple's Mac OS X Operating System

Domains4Days.com Lists at domains4days.com
Mon Jul 14 08:35:18 PDT 2003

On 6/2/03 10:53 AM, "T. Patrick Henebry" <tphenebry at comcast.net> wrote:

> Since the above releases me from from NDA let me just say that 1.6
> for Mac OS X is a HUGE improvement over 1.5.2. How huge you ask? Huge
> enough that one of iListen's biggest detractors (me) can finally
> recommend it (though just like ViaVoice it isn't appropriate for all
> situations).

This sounds like good news! Personally, I got frustrated and stopped using
iListen way back at 1.2. My immediate gripe was iListen's cumbersome
interface pertaining to corrections and new words. Several posters on recent
past threads seemed to imply that newer versions still had not gotten much
better in this area.

Can you add a bit of info in regards to correction mode on 1.6?

-  Basically I am very happy with ViaVoice 3.xx, ( Leaving out the usual
gripes).  Do you now feel that iListen 1.6 (OSX)  can compete with ViaVoice?
Dare I ask, is it even better in some applications than ViaVoice 3.0?

Thanks for your input - RevDave

--
RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com