Microphone position

Martin Markoe martin at speechcontrol.com
Wed Jun 4 05:48:40 PDT 2003

Dan Wood wrote:

Recently I was amazed to find an significant improvement in accuracy
when I placed the mike about 2 cm above my lips rather that in line with
them as demonstrated in the set up instructions.

There is no one correct position for every person and every microphone.
Voices are different, some people talk out of the sides of their mouths and
microphone pickup patterns are different. What microphone are you using?

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.eMicrophones.com/index.asp
See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy for the Mac" at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39