[MV] Microphone choice

Martin Markoe martin at emicrophones.com
Wed Jun 4 07:18:19 PDT 2003

Frank,

i saw your post and hope you dont mind me asking you this directly you
may forward it to someone at your company if you feel they have the
answer.

There are only 3 of us and I am the answer man.

Im currently using a Plantronics USB DSP 400 for my voice work and
think it works good (Macintosh) - but i see you dont list them on your
site is the Andrea ANC 650 you sell that much better of a mic than this
one have you tested the plantronics? I of course dont want to duplicate
what i have now in the way of results by another mic (If
quality-results are the similar). But if this andrea is a better mic
for the price you ask then i would want to consider it.

I am Cc'ing my partner Michael as he does the shipping and keeps the books
and this may relate to him.

We tested the Plantronics DSP microphones last summer. They were actually
quite comfortable and quite nice in terms of aesthetics. However, in terms
of noise cancellation and accuracy they were a small step behind the Andrea
and VXI headset microphones. We do say your mileage may vary. Please feel
free to order an Andrea ANC 650 and an Andrea USB sound pod and try them for
two weeks. We usually charge an $8.00 restocking fee. If you decide to
return the items in the same condition you receive them we will waive this
fee and the only cost will be the return shipping to get it back to us.

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.emicrophones.com/index.asp
New to SR? Read "Mac Key Steps to High Speech Recogntion Accuracy:"
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39