[MV] Re: [PR} MacSpeech announces major step forward in Speech Recognition for Apple's Mac OS X Operating System

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 12:09:19 PDT 2003

>How well does the Microphone that comes with ViaVoice work with iListen?
>
>I'm thinking of trying 1.6, and already have the Mic from VV.

It didn't work well at all for me in earler versions of iListen or
version 1.6, nor do other Andrea Electronics microphones. According
to MacSpeech they do not have enough gain to work with iListen under
OS X.

Having said that the Andrea Electronics *USB pod* (for connecting
analog mics to a computer's USB port) works great

I use a VXI TalkPro Xpress connected to an Andrea Electronics USB
pod. (I didn't want a mic with any kind of battery box like the ones
most other VXI mics have.) The combination works quite well in both
iListen and ViaVoice. (Note: I did create new voice profiles in
iListen and ViaVoice for use with this microphone.)

Both the microphone and USB pod were purchased from Martin Markoe of
eMicrophones.