PowerBook G3 and ViaVoice OSX problems

kaimanl at attbi.com kaimanl at attbi.com
Thu Jun 5 08:46:20 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I have a PowerBook G3 with a 400 MHz processor and 320 MB of RAM. I
am able to run ViaVoice in OS 9.2.2  but not in OS X (10.2.6). I have the
latest upgrade for ViaVoice in OS X (10.2.2) and have tried uninstalling
and reinstalling the application as well as checking the drive with Disk
First Aid and correcting the verifications. When I try to launch the
SpeakPad it says that it can't open the VoiceCenter. When I try to open of
the VoiceCenter I get the spinning ball which never stops and I have to
reboot the computer. I am not able to force quit the application. I am able,
however, to perform ViaVoice SetupAssistant but that's about it. The
sound input is correctly set to the USB microphone that came with
ViaVoice.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kai-Man