[MV] PowerBook G3 and ViaVoice OSX problems

Alex Lamey alex.lamey at utoronto.ca
Sat Jun 14 17:16:12 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 11:46  AM, kaimanl at attbi.com wrote:

> I have a PowerBook G3 with a 400 MHz processor and 320 MB of RAM. I
> am able to run ViaVoice in OS 9.2.2  but not in OS X (10.2.6). I have
> the
> latest upgrade for ViaVoice in OS X (10.2.2)

I've got the exact same configuration (except I'm using a Griffin iMic
with a Plantronics analog headset) and I'm not having that problem.  I
have had enormous trouble getting VV to work, but upgrades of OS X and
VV seem to have fixed things.  I still have some problems (eg. speakpad
sometimes stops accepting input after just a couple paragraphs), but it
does run.  So if you haven't got it working yet, at least know that it
should be possible with your configuration.

alex