[MV] Re: ViaVoice vs. iListen

tscheresky at micron.com tscheresky at micron.com
Tue Jun 17 07:39:20 PDT 2003

Yes, at this point in time Windows voice recognition software is more advanced, and more mature then Mac voice recognition software.  But that isn't really that surprising because they ( Windows ) have been working on it much longer then Mac people have.  As far as equating a percentage to estimate how much better Windows VR is then Mac VR, that would be hard to determine and probably would not be very meaningful.  Does Windows VR functionality warrant purchasing a PC?  Depends on what you want out of voice recognition.  If you simply need dictation and limited command-and-control of your computer, then Mac voice recognition is more than adequate and worth investing in.  However if you require hands-free control of your computer, then you better investigate Dragon NaturallySpeaking for Windows because it is the best product in town, at this point in time, for providing this kind of functionality.  Actually if you search back in the archive of this list, this topic has been discussed before, and probably with more depth that I have provided here.

Todd