[MV] Re: ViaVoice vs. iListen

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 18:38:13 PDT 2003

>MacWorld done a review, (January I believe), their initial results using an
>Olympus DS 330 was 77% accuracy rates, (without correction)
>
>You will achieve higher recognition rates in Transcription by Training and
>Correction. (Correction is now hands free and much improved in iListen 1.6
>as well).

Donald,

You are correct. But since digital recorders record at a frequency of
11 KHz there is absolutely no way you can achieve the same accuracy
as with a headset. At best--with a lot of time and effort-- your
accuracy with a digital recorder will be between 90 and 95%. You will
never exceed 95%. Indeed, many may never even reach it. A separate
profile is also a must for best results.

Are digital recorders useful? yes, but the are not as accurate.