[MV] Re: I Can't Re-Install VIAVOICE 3.0!

Domains4Days.com Lists at domains4days.com
Sun Jun 22 09:18:34 PDT 2003

On 6/22/03 6:01 AM, "Brian Farley" <pwi at vzpacifica.net> wrote:

> Might not be this, but I recall changing the date had something to do
> with a similar problem.  Have you checked the IBM site?
>
> Brian

 I did not see anything on the IBM site that would help.

the latest:

-  I managed to reinstalled the software under a different user name and
gave it a quick 10 minute training session.

-  I created a new ViaVoice voice model with the same name as my main older
stuff

-  everything seemed fine under this other user name

-  I carefully copied the user library preferences and the ViaVoice user
folder -  to my main user folder

-  I rebooted the machine under my main user -  with this new VV folder...

-  even with this brand new fresh user basically I'm having the exact same
problem even without bothering to restore the voice model!

-  *** my main problems:

1- the computer goes very very slowly -  when VoiceCenter is loaded. Other
programs like entourage and FileMaker start crawling when the VoiceCenter is
loaded.

2-  SpeakPad goes much slower than usual - and now has yet even a new
problem:  after working with it for only a minute or two it shows an
emergency dialog screen that says: "your hard disk has no more space
available for application memory.  Quit some applications immediately or
your computer might have problems." -  then no matter what I do I cannot put
anything and I am forced to reboot the machine by hand.

-  basically it seems like there is some problem with my main user folder.

-  as I had mentioned - I did run Norton - I did repair permissions - etc.

***  I had one thought:  earlier versions of ViaVoice had a feature where
after you had used it for a while - it would ask you if you would like to
update your voice model based on your recent entries.  As I recall, vv3.0 -
would not work correctly with this feature - and either crash -  or
something bad.  Eventually, it stopped asking to update my voice model.

 I have updated to version 3.02 -  does this voice model update feature work
better now - and  where is it -  how do I get it to work?

*** it would make sense that if this thing has been storing tons of
unprocessed voice data - then that might be a big part of the problem...!!!

-  I did go to the set up the ViaVoice SetupAssistant and ask it to analyze
my voice and process the "live speech" - I forgot the the actual name -  but
my problem still persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--