Failure to sleep with iMic Connected??

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 02:12:03 PDT 2003

Folks I have a mystery going that I'm hoping you can solve.

It seems my LCD iMac won't go to sleep.

For various reasons I recently erased the drive and did a clean install of
OS 9 followed by Jaguar (and running Software Update)

So far all I have on the System besides the OS (and associated apps) is
Virex 7.2.1, Mozilla 1.3.1, an Office v.X trial, and iListen 1.6.1.

My screen will blank after a time but the drive stays spinning and so does
the fan. Previously I had been using a different USB adapter So I'm
wondering if the iMic could somehow be keeping the Mac awake.

Any ideas?
--
T. Patrick Henebry
tphenebry at comcast.net