(MV) Computer Interface

Brian Marsh maclobo at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 30 17:26:07 PDT 2003

on 6/30/03 4:25 PM, Phil Tanny at support at easy-hits.com wrote:

> I was hoping list members might help me kick the tires of an
> idea that is related to voice recog.
>
> Given that any voice recog software is imperfect at best, it
> seems that many people using voice recog probably have some
> other obstacle that makes voice recog frustrations seem
> minor in comparison.
>
> I'll spare the list a recitation of my computer related
> health problems, and will summarize by saying that it seems
> my health problems arise primarily from being locked in to a
> fixed position in a chair all day long everyday.  My body is
> forced to perform the same functions, in exactly the same
> way, year after year, until the most heavily abused parts
> wear out.
>
> I've been designing a new computer/human interface in my
> mind, and voice recog plays an important part.  Before I spend
> thousands on putting something like this together I'd love
> it if anyone here would like to tell me what mistakes I might
> be about to make.
>
> Let's take a notebook computer and hook it up to a projector,
> or big screen TV perhaps.
>
> Now add voice recog, and a wireless mic.   For backup we'll
> put a regular keyboard and mouse on a lecturn or desk in the
> middle of the room.
>
> Now I'm up, walking around, looking at a large screen I
> can see from a variety distances.   I'm writing an ebook
> while walking on the treadmill.  Dictating an email
> while doing yoga.   Web surfing while I walk around the room.
> Sitting, standing, moving around, using different muscles
> all day long, like my body was designed to work.
>
> Questions arise:
>
> Can a projector create a desktop image of sufficient
> quality for all day long web surfing and email?
>
> Will wireless mics work with voice recog?
>
> Will this system come with a free StarTrek Fan Club
> membership???  ;-)
>
> If this is a bad place to discuss this, can anyone
> suggest a better forum?
>
> Can anyone picture this working out, in some manner
> or another?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

                       "Without Vision the People Perish."

    Phil, I imagine this forum is as good as any to discuss your ideas. I
too am tired of struggling with my creativity because of health related
issues yet somehow reading these posts makes me realize that I'm not alone
in the trials I face. Employment is a bear with chronic pain and repetitive
stress injuries. This is the best group I've ever belonged to and maybe
you'll get some better feedback from the other members. Heck, I still have
trouble formatting messages. Best wishes from the Land of Enchantment!
Brian